|MEMS High-G Shock Accelerometers
- Packaged and OEM Configurations
- Single axis and triaxial arrangements
- Titanium housing with integral cable for packaged configurations
- Surface mount, wire bond and flip chip technologies available for OEM configurations
- Wide band frequency response
- No zero-shift
- Mechanical over-range stops improves survivability
- Slight damping reduces resonance amplification
- Low transverse sensitivity
- Excellent amplitude linearity
- 20 KG and 60 KG ranges available
- Low power consumption
Four-wire Full Bridge
MEMS high-amplitude shock accelerometers, from PCB Piezotronics (PCB®), represent state-of-the-art industry technology for miniature, high amplitude, DC response acceleration sensors, capable of measuring long duration transient motion, as well as, responding to and surviving extremely fast rise times, typical of a High-G shock event. Both a packaged and an OEM configuration are offered, to fulfill a variety of installation requirements.
Read more +
The air-damped acceleration sensing element, which is micromachined from silicon, is manufactured with the latest advances in etching techniques and equipment. This tiny element measures just 2.5 x 1.7 x 0.9 mm (L x W x H), and incorporates a seismic mass, protective over-range stops, and a full-active, piezoresistive Wheatstone bridge.
These Series are intended to fulfill the most demanding aerospace, industrial, and commercial application requirements. Their design concepts were born from more than 20 years of PCB® expertise in very High-G shock (≥ 20,000 G) measurement applications and sensor development. Our design team has the most experience in the world for these applications. Our process engineers utilized the latest and most sophisticated techniques and equipment to achieve the desired performance levels that previously have not been attainable.
Utilizing deep reactive ion etching (DRIE) equipment and techniques, PCB® can micromachine in-house, from extremely strong single crystal silicon, the industry's smallest, most accurate and durable shock accelerometer.
Featured Links on www.pcb.com:
MEMS: Test & Measurement
MEMS: Defense Through-bolt Mount